Bravecto is an insecticide used to treat fleas and ticks of infected dogs. It is a chewable tablet and advised to take it orally. It constitutes Fluralaner an insecticides compound that is antibacterial used for the treatment of parasites.
Bravecto has got approval from the US Food and drugs administration in 2014. Although it should be taken only after the veteran’s prescription. If you are a pet lover then you must be aware of dogs things that bind you together for long and for sure.
Your ignorance of now can lead to a disaster for you only. Itching is common but if itching of a dog left untreated then your dog will be in trouble and so you are.
It becomes quite a nuisance for you when your dog suddenly acquires a habit of itching all over the day. That itching behavior of his might become annoying for you sometimes but for him is impatient and annoyed.
Inevitable Bravecto sizes
It is inevitable to see bravecto sizes and dosages.
Check out the table before buy.
|Body Weight Ranges (lb)||Fluralaner Content (mg)||Chews Administered|
- Treatment with bravecto is reliable and can start at any time. Treatment may take around one year however after the first chew your dog feels free of germs and parasites.
- Dogs overweight of 123.0 Ib should be taken under appropriate supervision.
This is how bravecto control ticks
According to a European laboratory study, it is determined that the speed of kill of Bravecto orally at a dose of 25 mg/kg body weight against untreated control dogs found that Bravecto’s efficacy of tick control is ≥98.3% within 12 hours for up to 12 weeks.
It is prohibited to use without a licensed veterinarian prescription under Federal USA (law).
Not more than dose of 11.4 mg/lb (25 mg/kg) body weight in one chew.
The chemical name of fluralaner is (±)-4-[5-(3,5-dichlorophenyl)-5-(trifluoromethyl)-4,5-dihydroisoxazol-3-yl]-2-methyl-N-[2-oxo-2-(2,2,2-trifluoroethylamino) ethyl]benzamide.
Bravecto kills adult fleas and is indicated for the treatment and prevention of flea infestations in
the black-legged tick, American dog tick, brown dog tick for 12 weeks in dogs and puppies 6 months of age and older, and weighing 4.4 pounds or greater.
Bravecto is also indicated for the treatment and control of Amblyomma americanum (lone star tick) infestations for 8 weeks in dogs and puppies 6 months of age and older, and weighing 4.4 pounds or greater.
Dosage and Administration:
Bravecto chew should be dispensed manually single dose every 12 weeks according to the Dosage Schedule above to provide a minimum dose of 11.4 mg/lb (25 mg/kg) body weight.
In case of potential exposure to Amblyomma americanum ticks, bravecto may be dispensed every 8 weeks.
Bravecto should be administered with food.
- bravecto kills 98.7% of newly arriving fleas within 24 hours for 12 weeks.
- Bravecto delivers rapid onset of action and speed of kill.
- It takes one hour to start quick flea control.
- 12-week protection, provide a huge relief to flea infestations.
- Available by a licensed veterinarian only.
Bravecto is used to treat flea and tick-infested dogs and is indicated for the treatment and prevention of flea infestations and the treatment and control of tick infestations. Bravecto is also indicated for the treatment and control of different types of tick infestations such as Lone Star tick infestations.
Possible Side Effects
Side effects that usually are not serious include:
- Vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, or hair loss (with the topical product) are general side effects of administration.
- If any of these signs are severe, worsen, or continue to be a serious issue, it is advisable to contact your veterinarian.
- Side effects that may be serious or indicate a serious problem: Vomiting that does not stop, complete loss of appetite, tremors, seizures, difficulty walking (eg, weakness, stumbling). If you see any of these signs, contact your veterinarian immediately.
Drug & Food Interactions
Bravecto can also be used with other medications concurrently as there is no adverse reaction observed.
- Use cautiously in dogs with a history of seizures (sudden attacks or loss of consciousness and sensory loss in dogs).
- Seizures have been found in dogs receiving bravecto even in dogs without a history of seizures.
- Bravecto has reported not to be effective for 12 weeks duration in puppies less than 6 months of age.
- Bravecto is also not found effective against Lone Star ticks beyond 8 weeks of dosing according to a report.
- It has been revised in a New look, same great formula! This product has recently undergone a packaging change. Customers may receive the old packaging during this interval.
Bravecto is an insecticide to kill fleas and ticks infestation in dogs including white dog tick, black dog tick, and American dog ticks. Fleas and ticks are bacterial growth on the dogs which sucks their blood.
If it left untreated may lead to itchiness and further create a serious issue. Bravecto chew is available in different dosages as per the weight of dogs. Adult and young dogs are recommended to take prescribed medication under the supervision of a licensed veterinarians.
Most importantly it is also available in different flavors. It is advantageous for you if your dog is a little bit picky and choosy. Bravecto should be dispensed orally and it is effective for 12 weeks.
It should also be taken care of side effects if you find any symptoms of side effects mentioned above. Itching is really common but if it continues to persist over a week then it might lead you and your dog in an adverse condition.